Zinderella Orange Zinnia
Open-pollinated, so you can collect seed or let it re-sow itself!
- Genus: Zinnia
- Species: elegans
- Variety: ‘Zinderella Orange’
- Item Form: (P) Pkt of 25 seeds
- Bloom Start to End: Mid Summer – Early Fall
- Habit: Upright
- Seeds Per Pack: 25
- Plant Height: 24 in
- Plant Width: 24 in
- Bloom Size: 2 in – 3 in
- Additional Characteristics: Bloom First Year, Butterfly Lovers, Cut-and-Come-Again, Direct Sow, Double Blooms, Ever Blooming, Flower, Free Bloomer, Long Bloomers, Needs Deadheading, Easy Care Plants
- Bloom Color: Orange
- Foliage Color: Medium Green
- Light Requirements: Full Sun
- Moisture Requirements: Dry, Moist, well-drained
- Resistance: Disease Resistant, Heat Tolerant, Pest Resistant
- Soil Tolerance: Clay, Normal, loamy, Poor, Sandy
- Uses: Beds, Border, Cut Flowers, Ornamental, Outdoor
The Zinderella family of Zinnias burst onto the scene when Peach won Europe’s Fleuroselect Novelty Award for its unique color and very unusual flower form. Known as scabiosa blooms for their resemblance to Pincushion Flower (Scabiosa), these double blooms are eye-catching from way down the street, and boast so many layers of petals they are often as “tall” as they are wide!
Zinderella Orange offers big crested pompon blooms of bright tangerine with hints of deep gold and a delicate cream “halo” around the central eye. Reaching 2 to 3 inches wide, these blooms boast a pompon of tightly-clustered short petals above a skirt of longer, daisy-like petals. During warm days and warm nights, you will see 10-15-20% single flowers. When day and night temperatures differ, double blooms will appear! Very distinctive!
And like all Zinnias, Zinderella is long-lasting in garden or vase. The blooms attract pollinators and “good bugs” that can help repel pests from vegetable crops and other flowering varieties, so scatter your Zinnias where you like — they help the whole garden!
One of the very easiest annuals to grow from seed, Zinnia can be direct-sown into the warm spring soil of the annual bed or begun indoors in the Bio Dome. It grows in a flash and blooms heavily. A “cut-and-come-again” annual, it sets new buds as soon as the old flowers are cut or deadheaded, so it repeats reliably all summer. Zinderella Orange reaches about 2 feet tall and wide, with good branching and masses of buds. Make it part of your sunny bed and best containers this season!
متوفر في المخزون