French Long Lavender
Also called Spanish Lavender, this new French type is just a bit bigger, bolder, and brighter than others!
- Genus: Lavandula
- Species: stoechas pedunculata
- Variety: ‘French Long’
- Item Form: (P) Pkt of 100 seeds
- Zone: 7 – 9
- Bloom Start to End: Late Spring – Early Summer
- Days to Maturity: 95
- Habit: Upright
- Seeds Per Pack: 100
- Plant Height: 2 ft 6 in
- Plant Width: 20 in – 2 ft 1 in
- Additional Characteristics: Butterfly Lovers, Edible, Flower, Fragrance, Free Bloomer, Herbs, Pruning Recommended, Rose Companions
- Bloom Color: Dark Purple, Lavender
- Foliage Color: Gray, Light Green
- Light Requirements: Full Sun
- Moisture Requirements: Dry, Moist, well-drained
- Resistance: Deer Resistance, Disease Resistant, Drought Tolerant, Heat Tolerant, Pest Resistant
- Soil Tolerance: Normal, loamy
- Uses: Beds, Border, Containers, Cuisine, Cut Flowers, Everlastings, Foliage Interest, Hedge, Ornamental, Outdoor
Every garden deserves this lovely French (also known as Spanish) lavender. French Long is perfect for drying, with very bright two-tone blooms and an intense fragrance you will love. Make it part of the perennial garden or shrub border this season and enjoy it for years to come!
The blooms on this plant are actually long, violet bracts topped with a few large petals of lavender. This creates a lovely bicolored look that sets French Long apart from all the English Lavenders in the garden. Even the stems are attractive, colored a bright magenta that holds well in the summer sun.
French Long begins blooming a bit earlier than English varieties, too. Expect the first blooms in late spring or early summer. They last a long time, luring bees and butterflies in for lengthy visits, and their bold color complements the subdued grayish-green tones of the small, neat (and also highly fragrant!) leaves.
This plant reaches about 30 inches high and 20 to 25 inches wide, with dozens of flowering stems all summer. It appreciates an early-spring trim to increase its bushiness and replace its rather fragile stems with new growth.
Grow French Long as you do other Lavenders: dry, very well drained soil and plenty of sunshine are the only essentials! Excellent edging a path, fronting the shrub border, or accenting any perennial planting, French Long might just become your new favorite! Zones 6-9. Packet is 100 seeds.
متوفر في المخزون