Summer Jewel Pink Salvia
Winner of a 2012 All-America Selection award, just like its sister color in 2011!
- Genus: Salvia
- Species: coccinea
- Variety: ‘Summer Jewel Pink’
- Zone: 7 – 10
- Bloom Start To End: Late Spring – Early Fall
- Habit: Dwarf
- Seeds Per Pack: 25
- Plant Height: 15 in – 20 in
- Plant Width: 10 in – 15 in
- Bloom Size: .5 in
- Additional Characteristics: Award Winner, Bloom First Year, Butterfly Lovers, Easy Care Plants, Flower, Free Bloomer, Hummingbird Lovers, Repeat Bloomer, Rose Companions, Season Extenders
- Bloom Color: Light Pink
- Foliage Color: Medium Green
- Light Requirements: Full Sun
- Moisture Requirements: Dry, Moist, well-drained
- Resistance: Drought Tolerant, Heat Tolerant
- Soil Tolerance: Clay, Normal, loamy, Poor
- Uses: Beds, Border, Containers, Cut Flowers, Outdoor, Wildflowers
Simply the most beautiful thing the garden has ever seen, this unstoppable, super-quick Hummingbird Sage is out to transform your sunny annual bed and best containers into a haven for butterflies, bees, and hummers! The blush-pink blooms begin in late spring and don’t think about quitting until early fall, so get your camera and vases ready!
Winner of a 2012 All America Selection award, Summer Jewel Pink is a dwarf annual sage with super-abundant ½-inch blooms of soft powder pink. Now, ½-inch may not sound like much, but multiply it by several hundred and you get the idea of what a fully blooming stand of only 3 to 5 plants is going to look like! And the flowers bounce right back from wind and rain (unlike older varieties of Hummingbird Sage, let us tell you!). Can’t beat it with a stick!
These flowers crowd along slender but sturdy stems among fuzzy mid-green foliage, signaling hummingbirds, bees, and butterflies to come and feast. This plant is just 15 to 20 inches high in bloom and 10 to 15 inches wide, but it gets the job done — lots of flowering stems, always heavily packed with soft pink pastel hues and usually a winged visitor or two, too!
Summer Jewel Pink is a native plant, content in any well-drained soil receiving full sunshine to light shade, but best when the soil is fertile and the moisture is consistent. It will tolerate heat, humidity, dry soil, and other stresses, but you’ll want to pamper it to keep those amazing blooms coming in the greatest possible number. The show is just too jaw-dropping to cut short!
Great for containers as well as the annual bed, meadow, or cottage garden, Summer Jewel Pink is ideal for the vase too. Expect it to start blooming just 50 days after sowing the seed, and to continue over 3 splendidly long seasons! Unbeatable. Hardy in zones 7-10, but grown as an annual everywhere. Pkt is 25 seeds.
متوفر في المخزون