Zinderella Purple Zinnia
Open-pollinated, so you can collect seed or let it re-sow itself!
- Genus: Zinnia
- Species: elegans
- Variety: ‘Zinderella Purple’
- Item Form: (P) Pkt of 25 seeds
- Bloom Start to End: Mid Summer – Early Fall
- Habit: Upright
- Seeds Per Pack: 25
- Plant Height: 24 in
- Plant Width: 24 in
- Bloom Size: 2 in – 3 in
- Additional Characteristics: Bloom First Year, Butterfly Lovers, Cut-and-Come-Again, Double Blooms, Ever Blooming, Flower, Free Bloomer, Long Bloomers, Needs Deadheading, Direct Sow, Easy Care Plants
- Bloom Color: Dark Pink, Dark Rose, Purple
- Foliage Color: Medium Green
- Light Requirements: Full Sun
- Moisture Requirements: Dry, Moist, well-drained
- Resistance: Disease Resistant, Heat Tolerant, Pest Resistant
- Soil Tolerance: Clay, Normal, loamy, Poor, Sandy
- Uses: Beds, Border, Cut Flowers, Ornamental, Outdoor
The Zinderella family of Zinnias burst onto the scene when Peach won Europe’s Fleuroselect Novelty Award for its unique color and very unusual flower form. Known as scabiosa blooms for their resemblance to Pincushion Flower (Scabiosa), these double blooms are eye-catching from way down the street, and boast so many layers of petals they are often as “tall” as they are wide!
Zinderella Purple is a magnificent shade of fuchsia-lilac, simply radiating tropical brilliance in the summer sun. Reaching 2 to 3 inches wide, these blooms boast a pompom of tightly-clustered short petals above a multi-layered skirt of longer, daisy-like petals. During the summer with warm days and warm nights, there will be around 10-15-20% single flowers. When night and day temperatures differ, double blooms will appear! Very distinctive!
And like all Zinnias, Zinderella is long-lasting in garden or vase. The blooms attract pollinators and “good bugs” that can help repel pests from vegetable crops and other flowering varieties, so scatter your Zinnias where you like — they help the whole garden!
One of the very easiest annuals to grow from seed, Zinnia can be direct-sown into the warm spring soil of the annual bed or begun indoors in the Bio Dome. It grows in a flash and blooms heavily. A “cut-and-come-again” annual, it sets new buds as soon as the old flowers are cut or deadheaded, so it repeats reliably all summer. Zinderella Purple reaches about 2 feet tall and wide, with good branching and masses of buds. Make it part of your sunny bed and best containers this season!
متوفر في المخزون