Organic Alfalfa Meal- 1lb
Alfalfa provides many nutritional benefits for plants and soil dwelling organisms alike. Alfalfa contains Nitrogen (N), phosphorus (P), potassium (K), calcium (Ca), magnesium (Mg), sulphur (S), Manganese (Mn), iron (Fe), copper (Cu), boron (B), and zinc (Zn) along with other trace minerals. Alfalfa is a good source of vitamins A and B; Folic acids, sugars, starches, crude proteins, fiber, and 16 amino acids such as tricontanol, a natural fatty-acid growth stimulant.
Alfalfa is a leguminous perennial plant, a member of the Fabaceae pea family called Medicago sativa. Alfalfa is used as a fodder crop for pastured livestock and as cover crop. Used as a soil amendment, alfalfa meal will help to will help to re-energize your soils potential, increase organic matter in the soil and is a valuable plant-derived organic fertilizer. Alfalfa is a vegan alternative to blood meal as a high source of nitrogen as a soil amendment. Roses and most flowering plants respond especially well to alfalfa meal. We think of alfalfa meal as an all purpose organic fertilizer.
Alfalfa meal is also an excellent addition to compost piles serving as a source of nitrogen and protein that significantly helps to speed up the process. Due to its high nitrogen to carbon ratio and protein content, alfalfa meal works as a compost activator helping to increase the heat of compost heaps and the decomposition of organic material. There are numerous compost activators on the market but nothing has come close to the results we have seen with this outstanding compost activator.
- Amending Soil: Work 2-5 lbs. of Alfalfa meal into the top few inches of soil for each 100 square feet or 50 feet of row crops (for rows 2′ wide).
- Transplanting: Apply as a top dressing and water in.
- Existing Plants: Mix 1/2 to 1 cup of Alfalfa Meal to a depth of 4-6 inches.
Alfalfa (fertilizer) Tea recipe:
- 1 cup ground Alfalfa meal or pellets
- *1 – 4 cups Earthworm Castings or mature compost
- *1-2 tbsp. molasses or other complex liquid sugars
- *1-2 tbsp. Soluble Kelp
- *1-2 tbsp. Azomite (minerals and trace elements)
- 4-5 gal Chlorine-free Water
For best results brew for 6 – 12 hours with active aeration.
Application for completed tea mixture:
Apply directly to root zone.
Diluted 50/50 alfalfa tea can be sprayed directly on leaf surfaces as a foliar fertilizer.
متوفر في المخزون