Easter Bonnet Deep Pink Sweet Alyssum
Great as edging, groundcover, bedding, and container subjects!
- Genus: Lobularia
- Species: maritima
- Variety: ‘Easter Bonnet Deep Pink’
- Item Form: (P) Pkt of 100 seeds
- Bloom Start to End: Early Spring – Early Summer
- Habit: Mound-shaped
- Seeds Per Pack: 100
- Plant Height: 4 in – 10 in
- Plant Width: 10 in – 12 in
- Bloom Size: .25 in
- Additional Characteristics: Award Winner, Bloom First Year, Butterfly Lovers, Easy Care Plants, Flower, Fragrance, Free Bloomer, Hummingbird Lovers
- Bloom Color: Dark Pink, Rose
- Foliage Color: Dark Green
- Light Requirements: Full Sun
- Moisture Requirements: Moist, well-drained
- Resistance: Heat Tolerant
- Soil Tolerance: Normal, loamy
- Uses: Baskets, Beds, Containers, Cut Flowers, Ground Cover, Outdoor
Fragrant rosy-pink blooms blanket the gray-green foliage twice a season! Ideal for edging, groundcover, mass planting, and containers, it is the earliest Alyssum yet, a frost-tolerant pollinator magnet. Shear back as the first flowers pass to encourage rebloom.
These ¼-inch rosy-pink blooms are so profuse that they form a neat canopy of color over the fresh green foliage. Their scent is ultra-sweet and pleasing, and lasts all season. They open in early summer and continue through the season everywhere, and often into autumn. And they form neat plants, just a few inches high when not in bloom but reaching up to 10 inches in flower, with a width of 8 to 10 inches too. Great in containers, beds, along the driveway, in street plantings, edging the foundation, and just about everywhere they can get full sunshine, they’re trouble-free and so dependable!
Sweet Alyssum (also called Sweet Alison) is a great coastal planting, too. It loves the salt spray and doesn’t mind sandier soils. It gorws readily from seed, and can be transplanted as soon as the soil has warmed and the nights are free of frost in spring. Every garden and patio container deserves this sweet-scented, pretty, pert little plant.
غير متوفر في المخزون