PASILLA BAJIO PEPPER
Pasilla Bajio Pepper Seeds
The Best for Mole Sauce!
Harvest green for fresh use or let it mature to brown for grinding into spice!
- Genus: Capsicum
- Species: annuum
- Variety: Pasilla Bajio
- Item Form: (P) Pkt of 25 seeds
- Days to Maturity: 80
- Fruit Color: Brown
- Habit: Compact
- Seeds Per Pack: 25
- Plant Height: 12 in
- Plant Width: 16 in
- Additional Characteristics: Award Winner, Pest Fighter, Season Extenders, Trellises, Easy Care Plants, Edible, Fragrance, Heirloom
- Foliage Color: Medium Green
- Harvest Season: Early Fall, Early Summer, Late Summer, Mid Summer
- Light Requirements: Full Sun
- Moisture Requirements: Dry, Moist, well-drained
- Resistance: Heat Tolerant, Humidity Tolerant, Pest Resistant
- Soil Tolerance: Clay, Normal, loamy, Poor, Sandy
- Uses: Cuisine, Outdoor, Beds
78 days from transplanting.
Native to Mexico and used in the signature mole sauce of the Bajio region, this pepper is easy to grow, very heavy yielding, and delicious fresh, canned, or dried. Make it a mainstay of your vegetable garden — all its neighboring plants will be healthier and more productive, thanks to Pasilla Bajio’s ability to drive away nibbling pests!
This slender, blistered green fruit turns brown as it matures. Curving slightly, it reaches about 6 to 7 inches long and less than an inch wide. Expect armloads of Pasillo Bajio’s over a long summer harvest on these vigorous plants!
The flavor is mildly hot, with strong hints of sweetness and a smoky, rich overlay. The longer you let it mature, the hotter and more intense the flavor will be. But as a fresh pepper right from the garden and still green, it offers a sweet-hot crunch that’s good for nibbling!
Start seeds indoors about 7 to 10 weeks before the last anticipated spring frost date. Do not transplant until the spring soil has warmed and the seedlings have at least 2 sets of true leaves. Fertilize when the blooms appear, and water well. Harvest the fruit green or let it mature to dark greenish brown. It may wrinkle and blister, but it will be super delicious when ground into powdered spice! Enjoy this gourmet Mexican treat!
متوفر في المخزون